Why My Anxiety Went Sky High


I was finishing up volunteering in Dominique's Pre-School class this morning when I got a phone call from the local Children's Hospital. As Zach's surgery (for his undescended testicle) is only scheduled for June, I was wondering what they were calling me for, as it was too early to do a Pre-Op for him.

Turns out that they have a cancellation for Monday morning and were wondering if I would be able to bring Zach in.

Needless to say, my anxiety went sky high, as I was not prepared for him to go in so soon. I had no childcare planned for Violet and Dominique, and Keith was in exams all day. I told them that I'd have to see if I could figure something out for my other kids and I'd get back to them as soon as I had some concrete plans in place.

Thankfully my Mom said she was available to take the kids and make sure that Violet got to school and watch Dominique all day. And Keith found a ride to school to write his exams so that I could take the van into the city. Whew!

I called back the hospital once we were out of Pre-School and let them know that we would be able to make it for Monday morning. Found out that we have to be there by 8:30am Monday morning as his surgery was scheduled for 10am, and we need to be there 1.5 hours before so that we can do registration and Pre-Op before going in.

Needless to say, once I hung up with the nurse, my anxiety started going up. I really hate that. Mainly, it was because I was preparing myself for his surgery in June, not in a couple days. I wasn't expecting to get that phone call, and then it made me panic, trying to make sure that I had everything lined up for Violet and Dominique as well.

Thankfully I have an awesome husband who is able to talk me down and talk some sense into me, and is able to calm me down.

Guess we'll just have to wait, see and pray.....

Comments