Favorite Baby Food Purees


Ever since I had Violet, I've been making homemade baby food as it's cheaper than buying the jars/pouches and I know what I'm putting in there.

I have some tried and true purees that I've used on every kid, and they have all loved them. With Zach, I've tried a couple new flavours with him and he seems to love them.

All I use to make the purees is a steamer, Magic Bullet, a couple ice cube trays, and freezer bags. I usually steam the fruit/veg, puree everything in the Magic Bullet, freeze the puree in ice cube trays for nice portioning, and once it's all frozen, I put them into freezer bags, labelled and dated. Most frozen purees are good for 6 months, but it doesn't take long to go through a batch, especially the way Zach eats.

Some of my favourite purees:
Banana & Avocado
Sweet Potato
Broccoli, Cauliflower & Carrots
Mango, Avocado & Blueberry
Sweet Potato, Banana & Blueberry
Broccoli, Green Beans & Apple
Chicken & Sweet Potato (still trying to convince Zach it's good to eat)

Comments