Why I Chose Blogging As My 100 Day Project


Today marks the start of The 100 Day Project. And I'm giving it a go again. I've decided that this year my challenge will be to blog everyday, whether it's a long essay, or just a picture. It will be something.

I've tried doing this project for the past 2 years, but I only lasted about 2-3 weeks before giving up. My problem was that I took my hobby (knitting) and made it my Project. For both years. Bad idea on my part. I've realized that if I want something to work out, I need it to be something new(ish) and not something that I sit down to do to relax.

And why blogging? Well, to put it simply, I feel like I've lost a lot of my creative mojo since my miscarriage in 2015. It kind of vanished when the depression set in, and even though I kicked the depression's butt, I'm still struggling with being creative. Guess having 3 kids will do that to you. And along with my creative mojo disappearing, so did my urge to journal. Looking back on my journals from the past 2 years, you can tell where I hit a wall, as there's quite a bit missing (don't even look at my 2016 journal. It's hideous). I'm missing huge chunks of my journal, and it hurts to look at those journals.

I really want to get back into journaling on a regular basis, and I'm hoping that blogging will help, as it will be a way to keep me accountable. And I also want to be able to say that I finally “completed” this project.

When I heard that this Project was starting up again, I immediately got to thinking of what I wanted to do. My first idea was knitting (again), but I quickly threw that one out the window. Then while chatting on one of my FaceBook groups, I thought of doing a black and white photo a day. But it wasn't quite sitting right with me. Then while listening to Elise Blaha Cripe's podcast, her guest had mentioned that she was going to do 100 days of blogging. Which intrigued me. And got me a bit excited. Of course, me being me, I almost shot that down, as I didn't think that I had 100 ideas to write about. So I sat down, and started jotting down ideas that came to mind. Before I knew it, I had over 30 ideas. And that's when I started getting really excited. If I could come up with over 30 ideas to write about, surely I could come up with 100! I was almost half way there! So I figured that I'd give it a try, and see how far I get.

Who's joining me?!

Comments