Sickness and Progress

Where to start?

Guess we'll start with last week and go from there.

Last Saturday (Jan 11), Violet started getting sick with a flu/cold. Just a lot of coughing, no fever, and not wanting to eat anything, except fruit cups, peanut butter sandwiches and bananas (??!!). Keith mentioned to me on Sunday (Jan 12) that she had been puking in the morning and just off the entire day.

Violet ended up being off the entire week and again, not really wanting to eat. Poor girl. Although she was drinking a lot and still kept up with going on the potty. Even my Dad noticed that she was off as he had her over the weekend while both me and Keith had to work. Again, not eating much and not her usual self.

Me and Keith both ended up getting sick as well. Luckily it was just sinus problems for the both of us (mine was partially due to pregnancy and winter) and we got over it pretty quickly.

Thankfully we're all back to normal now, complete with Violet inhaling (almost) everything she can find to eat and being her happy-go-lucky self.

Of course during our sick week is when Violet would decide to get hooked on 2 movies. Jonah: A VeggieTales movie and Tangled. She's only allowed 1 movie a day (or 3-4 cartoon episodes) so she knows to pick carefully. We don't have cable or satellite, only DVD's and Netflix, so I can limit what/how much she watches. Yes I limit how much she can watch. She's only 2 and I really don't need her growing up just staring at the TV all day. No offence to anyone, but me and Keith were not raised like that and there's a whole lot more to discover and learn that what's on TV these days. Again, no offence to anyone, that's just how we're raising her. 

Anyway, where was I?...

Progress is being made in Baby #2's room! It used to be our storage room before, but then we went through and decluttered a whole lot. And moved the crib in there before Christmas. And then Christmas stuff took over that room. I've slowly been tackling it and today I took a dive and took everything off the walls so that I can (hopefully) paint soon. Got the dresser moved in, crib set up and some boxes of clothes in the closet already. We don't know what we're having, so I'd like to be prepared for when he/she arrives. Again luckily my sister gave me quite a few of her boy clothes that my youngest nephew doesn't fit anymore (for if we have a boy) and I have most of Violet's clothes boxed and ready in her closet if we have a girl.

We're also still making plans to take over our entire house when our basement tenant gets married in June. That would be so nice as it would be extra room for the kids to run around and me and Keith would each get our own Hobby Rooms, AND I'd get a full laundry room instead of a laundry closet.

Think that's all for today folks!

Comments