Project Life: Closing Page of 2013, Plans and Opening Page of 2014

So ready to begin my 2014 PL album! But first, the closing page for 2013:

I used the last page cards from the Sunshine Kit, with our family photo.

Feels so good to be done it all! Don't you think so?

As for 2014, I'm still going ahead with the weekly layouts. Because of so much that's going on, complete with a little addition to the family in April, it's just easier for me to do it week by week. I finally found a little planner that I like (at the Dollar store no less), so that I can keep track of what's going on, new words Violet is saying and stuff she's doing (seriously, she just learned the word "fart." And tells me when she farts. She is so her father's daughter), this pregnancy and when Jr. gets here. So far so good!

I'm also going to try to stick with one kit this year, although I will still be adding in digital elements to my photos. This year's kit will be the Midnight Kit (the Sunshine Kit that I bought during boxing week is for our engagement, wedding and anniversaries, but more on that later). I didn't want anything too bright and competing with my photos and I was really surprised at how much I like the look of Midnight. I was a bit skeptical at first, given I like bright bold colours, but when I put them alongside my photos, it tends to give it a balanced look and not scream "look at me, I'm BUSY!!"

That being said, my 2014 Opening Page is done with Sunshine. I like the look of the first page cards better than Midnight. And they're just so darn cute! The alphas are from Basic Grey (with room to add Jr.'s name). I will be adding in photos of us after Jr. is born, so for now, 2 of the 3x4 openings will remain blank.

Off to start the rest of 2014!

Comments