Around Here | 2/52

Pregnancy at 25 weeks 
- Jr (as that's what Baby is nicknamed) is more of an afternoon/evening/night baby for moving around. Mornings he/she is pretty quiet, but once Violet is down for her nap, Jr wakes up and gets to moving.
- Craving lots of peanut butter and jam sandwiches, as well as chocolate and fruit. Also include pizza on the list.
- What not to eat? Eggs and smokies. Both still taste disgusting.
- My stats so far: 10lb gain from the beginning (boo yeah!!!), tummy circumference at 33 inches (feel bigger than I was with Violet at this stage), and fetal heart rate at 145bpm. So far so good!
- Jr. also has lots of fun playing in my pelvis and making sure to cause some pain when I've been doing lots of walking.
- Nesting has kicked in. Seriously. The amount of stuff I get done in a 4 hour period is crazy! Never mind the baking that I'm doing (Tuesday was 4 dozen peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and a dozen banana muffins). Now if the baking would last more than a week (good luck with that!).
- Now that it's after Christmas, we're starting to work on the Baby room. The crib is already in there, but I need to finish cleaning out the closet (it was our storage room before), get everything organized and paint. Although we're still not sure which colour, as we don't know the gender of Jr.


Violet
- Colouring as much as she can. And when she wants Mommy or Daddy to colour with her, she brings a crayon over to us and says "Mommy/Daddy hold" and goes back to colouring.
- Knows the color "yeowow" (yellow) and exclaims it when she finds something yellow, mostly because she has my old yellow bear who was named Yellowy. Original, eh?
- Kittens/cats go "yeow." Puppies/dogs say "oooo." Horses go "heeee." Everything else is "roar," proclaimed very loudly for all to hear and be scared of the cute little girl pretending to be scary.
- Eats Green Peppers as if they're candy. Same with onions.
- Is very opinionated on the books I read her. She's not a big fan of little kid books and prefers that I read her what I'm reading. Except for Pinkie Pie's Spooky Dream, Love You Forever, Green Eggs and Ham, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Those are acceptable for me to read to her as kids books.
- Same goes for kids TV shows and movies. Something that's aimed for toddlers? Bleh. My Little Pony, Despicable Me, Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon? Perfectly fine.
- When sleeping, can almost always be found on her tummy with her head underneath her blanket and pillow. Or on the floor with all her blankets, stuffed animals and her socks. Same way me and Keith both used to sleep.
- Also likes to unload the entire wagon of Mega Blocks and tells Mommy to "hold" one when she wants me to build something for her. And then likes to take it apart, laughing at me.
- 99% potty trained. Just have to do night training and we'll be all good.

Me & Keith:
- This past September marked 7 years of us being together, and May will mark 6 years married.
- Apparently, Keith is the best tickle monster around, according to Violet as he can make her laugh, giggle and squirm like no one else can. And yes, he pulls the same tickle fights on me. I lose every single time.
- Somehow Keith already has Jr on his side as he told Jr to kick me good during the night. Jr listened to Daddy and was dancing all night long.
- Still own our first house and hopefully by the summer of this year, we'll be able to take over the entire house as the one renter we have left is getting married in June.
- Still keeping up the monthly date nights before Jr gets here. It's nice to go out and spend time together, san kid.

Comments