Project Life 2014: Week 1-2

Welcome to Weeks 1-2 of Project Life 2014 (January 1-11)
 
I decided to combine the first 1/2 week with the first full week of this year and make 2-2page layouts. It actually worked out quite nicely as I got to put my new Sillhouette Cameo to good use and got to journal quite a few stories and photos.
 
I'm still working on finding the perfect spot to photograph my layouts. I don't have a lot of natural light coming into my house, so right now I'm photographing on my kitchen floor. Not the greatest, but I guess it will do. I have some ideas on how to better it, it's just getting around to doing them.
 
1st page Full Spread

For this week and a half, I used only the Midnight Core Kit for all my journaling cards and filler cards. I like the way it looks with the rest of the colours from the photos and doesn't distract too much. Perfect!


This was the week that temps dropped into the -40*C (that's with the wind chill) here for a couple days and my car decided to be a B*&%$ again and require some maintenance (like a new cord for the block heater). I swear my car hates winter.


For the Die-Cuts, I used my Silhouette Cameo. I needed to do some experimenting on it and this was the perfect reason to! The Heart Photos is from Ali Edwards Little Bit of Messy Photos Brushes, with the snowflake from the Silhouette Online Store (the You are my Sunshine is as well, but it's a freebie that you get).

2nd full page layout
 




I really like how it all turned out and am looking forward to working with this kit for the rest of the year!

Comments