The Tale of a Guinea Pig

So according to Keith, Violet needed a pet.

He had texted me during the day, saying that he was going to take Violet out after he got home from work for a little bit of a date. Violet was excited to go out with Daddy all by herself. Keith got home early and took Violet in the car with him. He didn't tell me where they were going, but I took it as a good sign.

45 minutes later, Violet walks in the front door, holding a small box and exclaiming "Mommy! I got a guinea pig!" WHAT?!?! I quasi didn't believe her, until Keith walked in behind her, holding everything else for the new resident rodent.

Yup, her and Daddy's date, was picking out a guinea pig as her pet. Keith mentioned that she's been really responsible lately and that it would be a good idea to get her a small pet to learn more responsibility for herself. At least it wasn't a mouse.



 While we were setting everything up, we were asking Violet what his name would be. She wouldn't give an answer, so I started throwing names out there. She settled on Pascal (the chameleon from Tangled), so Pascal it is!



She's really taken a liking to him, and reminds me every morning that his cage needs to be cleaned because "He pooped Mommy!" And she loves to play with him on her bed while I clean the cage, as long as Dominique isn't around. She gets a tad too excited about Pascal and I'm scared that she's going to squish him if she gets her little hands on him.



Even after having him a month, he's turned out to be a pretty good pet for Violet. She takes good care of him and offers him his daily treat as well.


Comments