Dominique's 1 Year Birthday Parties

This past weekend, we celebrated Dominique's 1st birthday with 2 separate parties .

On her actual birthday, I did a smash cake for her to cheer her up after getting her 1-year needles. A family member made it for her and I told her that I didn't care what it looked like, as long as it had rainbow colours. And it was! Dominique was overjoyed when she saw it and I let her have at it. As you can tell from the photos, she LOVED it!





 This was a mess to clean up. She was rubbing it into herself as a mosturizer and got it everywhere! Luckily it was buttercream frosting she used, so after a bath, it made her skin feel really soft! 

Later in the evening, my Mom and my grandparents came down for a small birthday celebration. Hot dogs, brownie cake and presents!


Saturday evening, we had another birthday celebration for her (split families suck). This one was more family and friends that showed up.

Keith's aunt made the birthday cake for Dominique and I usually let her have free rein of what to do with it, as long as I give her a "theme" to work with. This year was rainbows, and I specifically wanted a PiƱata cake (thank you Pinterest!).

The cake was awesome! And so...much....candy..... It was filled with M&M's, Jelly Beans, Jujubes and small chocolate candies.




And like usual with birthdays, lots of clothes! That was 90% of what she got. And all so cute!



Dominique and her bestie Kianna. These two have a blast making faces at each other.

All in all, it was awesome birthday parties!

Comments