First Striped Knit Blanket

Phew! Took me long enough. I started this blanket for Violet back in August (near the end I believe), and was determined to have it done by her birthday. Unfortunately, her birthday was in October and it still wasn't done. My aim was to do one stripe a day, and I fell behind.

But today I finished it up, cast it off (after googling how to) and gave it to Violet. She's seen me working on it all the time for the past little while, and she was thrilled with it. It measures 3ftx3ft and it's perfect for her right now. Especially as a snuggling blanket on the couch (and a superhero cape as well).


I haven't knitted in so long (since before high school?) that I was happy that I got to make this one for Violet. I got the idea from Elise for the stripes, although this one is black and purple. Love it.

And yes, I was a bit surprised that I remembered how to do all this. The casting on, knitting, and switching colours. Pleasantly surprised.

Next up? A Rainbow Knit Blanket for Dominique.

Comments