2013 Christmas Moments

Once again, Christmas has come and gone. And like always, way too fast and too busy.

1) We spent the afternoon/evening of the 22nd at Keith's sister's place with his Mom and siblings. Violet had a blast and it was nice to get a gathering out of the way before the Christmas rush.






2) Christmas Eve didn't start off the way I wanted it to. I ended up burning my wrist when my kettle spit boiling hot water on me and it ended up giving me a second degree burn right where the wrist bends. Ouch.
The rest of Christmas Eve was spent at my Mom's place. Again, Violet had a blast opening up her gifts and playing with her cousins. My sister Sam had me for Secret Santa, so I got gift cards to Michaels and Build-A-Bear Worksop. Keith got his Secret Santa from Brett in the form of a gift card for Games Workshop.





3) Christmas morning started off with my Mom joking us for a waffle breakfast, followed by us opening our family gifts. Violet got her tricycle that we picked up in the States and tried riding it right away. Me and Keith had agreed that because of our trip that we took, we'd get each other something small. So I got him the new Tim Hortons mug with more coffe. He, on the other hand, went into the local scrapbooking store in town and got me a Silhouette Cameo. Needless to say, if my Mom and our daughter hadn't been in the room, I would've jumped him right then and there. Lol.
After some playing around with Violet, and nap-time (in which my new toy got put to use already and I LOVE IT!!!!), we spent the rest of the day at Keith's Dad's place. More food for me and Baby and more playing with cousins for Violet. And lots of tickles from Grandpa.








4) Boxing Day was another 2 gatherings. Lunch was at Keith's grandparents place. Violet, of course, played shy with them as she doesn't see them often. But at least she had a cousin to play with. And bugging Uncle Andrew made it on the list as well.
Supper was at my Dad's at his new place. Violet had the usual cousins to play with. It was a smaller Christmas than usual, but still nice.








5) Friday (the 27th), was one last Christnas gathering with my Meme. Luckily it was for supper, so Violet got to sleep in. She was exhausted from everything.
We had sleigh rides in the afternoon as part of the gathering and Violet loved it. She even went with Sam on the sled behind the sleigh and kept wanting to give the horses Hunter and Sarge kisses on the nose for being so good.





I love the Christmas Season, but hate that it's so busy and flies by in no time.

Merry Christmas!!!

Comments