Week in the Life 2018 | Friday Words + Photos



5:30am - I wake up as Keith is getting ready to head to the gym. And Ruby, as usual, is happy to see us first thing in the morning. Once Keith leaves, I sit down with hot coffee and my Devotions.



6:30am | I hear Zach start squeaking and talking from his room, and moments later the girls are both awake and coming out of their room. I start getting Zach's breakfast ready while the girls figure out what they want and start getting ready for the day.

7am | Keith gets home from the gym, has his shower and makes his breakfast while I feed Zach and make sure that the girls eat their breakfast. Told Violet that of she is done everything for school quickly, that she could play Donkey Kong on the SNES Mini before she left for school. That got her moving pretty quickly.





8am | Violet got everything done, including her reading and starting a load of laundry, so she got to play some video games before school. My babysitting charge S got dropped off and Keith left for work shortly after. I let the kids play for a bit and then sent Violet off to school and got ready to go grocery shopping.




9am | Got all 3 kids in the van, stopped for coffee at Tim Horton's, picked up my Mom and headed to Superstore for grocery shopping. Mom took Zach in her cart while I took Dominique and S in my cart. Managed to get all my shopping done, under budget and without losing my patience too much with Dominique. Also stopped by the post office to see if Zach's surgery letter came in, and it did! His surgery is reschedule for July! Now crossing fingers that this time will be a success.



10:30am | Got home, unloaded all my groceries and the babies. Zach had fallen asleep in his car seat, so I just put him in his room to sleep a bit longer. Dominique went with my Mom to "help" her clean church while I stayed home with the babies. Changed S, put all the groceries away, switch the laundry around, and folded a load pf laundry.



11:15am | Got Zach out of his room. Turns out he wasn't sleeping at all, just laying there quietly. Let both babies have a snack on the kitchen floor while I start making some homemade iced tea and cleaning up. Feed both babies their lunch and put them down for their naps as they were both getting really cranky.



1pm | Dominique got home, fed her lunch, and we both went down for short naps.




3pm | I wake up, let Ruby out, unloaded all my photos from my phone, and start working on blog posts.




4pm | Violet's home from school and all excited about her upcoming field trip. I start on dishes, get both babies up, start on supper and finish folding laundry.

5:15pm | I feed both babies, sit down for supper, and then Violet & Dominique go outside to play at the neighbour's place.




6:30pm | Dominique messed up her pants, so I cleaned her up and then put her in the bath. S got picked up. Keith put on his roller blades and took Ruby out for a run while I started cleaning kitchen.



7pm | Violet home from the neighbour's place, so we sat down to watch Mulan. I fed Zach his night-snack and put him to bed, and then finished watching the movie with the girls.



8:45pm | Movie finished, so the girls went to bed. I took a Pre-Workout drink, and then went to the gym again.




10:30pm | Got home, quick bath to clean up, and a snack. We also saw 3 cop cars on the street, surrounding a motorcycle. Turns out that he had blown a stop light and 2 stop signs. Sigh...

Numbers for the Day:
Steps taken: 7,559

Hours slept: 6hr 6min
Cups of water: 2
Cups of caffeine: 2
Loads of laundry: 3
Rounds of dishes: 3
Texts/Messages: 13
Calls: 5
Meals in:
Meals out: 0

Comments