Week in the Life 2016 - Thursday

Welcome to my Week in the Life! If you're not familiar with the concept of Week in the Life, I suggest that you check out Ali Edwards who started this while thing and check out a couple of her posts to get a better feel for it.

In short, Week in the Life is about documenting your week, as it is right now. Lots of people document this lots of different ways. This week I'll just be focusing on posting my words and photos here on the blog and next week, I'll focus on putting it into a photo book.

Like I posted on my Getting Started post, I'm using a different prompt for each day. Today's prompt is I Want to Remember.  There's always stuff that I'd like to remember during the day, and this prompt always proves a good jumping off point when I get stuck with my writing.

Enoy!

IMG_3231

I Want to Remember getting up early with Keith this morning and being able to see him out the door.

IMG_3235

I Want to Remember that I got some nice quiet time this morning with a hot cup of coffee and reading a couple blogs in the stillness of the house. Oh, and some laundry going as well!

IMG_3258

I Want to Remember that Dominique is into combing everyone’s hair lately. Including Apple Jack (her stuffed pony) and mine.

IMG_3262IMG_3282

I Want to Remember that Violet is obsessed with braids lately. “Make it like Anna/Elsa please!”

IMG_3283IMG_3286

I Want to Remember how much Violet loves going with my Mom to go clean the church. She gets one-on-one time with Grandma and loves it!

IMG_3292

I Want to Remember that Sam invited to go for a drive with her in her Gravel Truck. I’ve never driven with her before, so it was nice to be able to do that. And proof that she drives!

IMG_3297IMG_3300IMG_3306

I Want to Remember that I’m grateful for my best friend Lisa. I couldn’t bring Dominique with me in the Gravel Truck, so Lisa took her for almost 2 hours. Dominique loves going there and hanging out with her friend Kianna (they’re thick as thieves I tell you)

IMG_3310

I Want to Remember how much Violet loves playing with her Lego during quiet/nap time after lunch. Her imagination is crazy some days and I love it.

IMG_3313

I Want to Remember that every Thursday I take about an hour to make my grocery list and menu for the next week. Some weeks it’s easier than others to come up with stuff, but at least I make sure that we’re fed throughout the week!

SONY DSC

I Want to Remember that supper tonight was Subway. It was hot and humid outside and I really didn’t want to heat up my house with the oven. So Subway it was!

IMG_3340

I Want to Remember that story before bedtime is a must. Tonight was Mr. Brown can Moo! And Green Eggs and Ham.

IMG_3354

I Want to Remember that after Dominique goes to bed, Violet likes to sit at the table with me and work on some of her puzzles. She has no problem putting them together in record time!

Day by Numbers:
Fitbit Steps: 3,818
Loads of Dishes: 1
Loads of Laundry: 2
Beverages Drank: 5
Diapers Changed: 6
Uploads to Instagram: 2
Texts Sent: 17
Meals In: 2
Meals Out: 1
Weather: 25*C (high)/18*C (low)
Photos/Video taken (before edit): 127
Photos/Video taken (after edit): 37

Comments