Garth Brooks Concert!!!

I finally got to mark a concert off my list that I've been wanting to see since I was a kid: GARTH BROOKS!

Back in May, my sisters found out that Garth Brooks was coming to town for the first time in 20 years and they were going to try their darnedest to get tickets. Luckily they were cheap ($80), and they managed to get FLOOR SEATS!! 19th row!! EEEK!!!

The only thing was that it was the 10:30pm show. While people were ordering tickets, they added a second show on Saturday night because the demand was that big. Which also meant that it was going to be a long day for me and I had to find a sitter for the girls (Keith works evenings on the weekends), but everything worked out in the end.

There was 7 of us going: me, my Mom, my 2 sisters and 3 of their friends.

We ended up going for supper at Famous Dave's before the concert and planned to get to the MTS Centre early.



Good thing we were there early, because there was 2 lines snaking around the building. At 9pm. The doors only opened at 10 because they had to let the first show out and then admit the second show. They were very organized with everything and got us in pretty fast. Even inside, they had everything organized as to where you went depending on your tickets. Because we had floor seats, we went downstairs and found our seats pretty quickly.

[caption width="4032" id="attachment_1726" align="aligncenter"] Our view of the stage[/caption]

The show was supposed to start at 10:30pm, but it got pushed back until 11pm because there was still people being admitted in at 10:30.



All I can say is that this was a dream come true. I've been a Garth fan since I was a kid and it was worth the wait.



I don't think I've ever heard the MTS Centre scream that loud for so long. And it didn't stop. But Garth was really good. I think he thrived off the screaming and even did a screaming match between all the sections. And we were all singing along with all the songs. 😍



He did majority of all his old songs, including the "hidden" 3rd verses for The Thunder Rolls and Friends in Low Places. It was awesome to hear the entire arena screaming "so you can kiss my ass!" 😍 



According to Garth, we were going to party all night long. And we did. The concert only finished at 2am, and add in a hour drive home, it was just after 3 by the time I crawled into bed.

So worth it!! ❤️😍

Comments