Valentine's Day 2015

Let's just start this off by saying that my Hubby is the bestest (yes, that is a word in our house).

Saturday morning (Valentine's Day) was a lazy one for us (we slept in until 8am!) and I thought that we'd stay home all day. Me and Keith had discussed it earlier in the week and had agreed that we would stay home today to avoid all the rushes and go out the following weekend. And it would be easier to find a babysitter for the girls. 

Agree? Agree.
During the morning on Saturday, Keith had suggested that I get myself dressed up a bit to make myself feel pretty as I spend quite a bit of time in my t-shirt and comfy pants (read: sweatpants). I though, "why not?" and did my make-up as well.

Then around 1pm, my Mom showed up and Keith started leaving her instructions about the girls, where supper was, etc. And then he looked at me and said, "We better get going." Wait. What?! My Mom also took that time to say that she'd take the girls for the night so that we could really have some quality time together and not have to worry about time limits. Really? Awesome!

So we headed out to Winnipeg and I was giddy. Totally surprised by this and the fact that my Mom is taking both girls for the night (Dominique's first night away). Sweet!

First up was a late lunch at Olive Garden. I should have known that something was up as he had texted me earlier in the week, asking if Olive Garden was still my favourite restaurant. Duh. Awesome food as usual and some good conversation about putting Violet into pre-school in the fall.

The only down side about food was that I had forgot my leftover box on the table when we left, and when I ran back inside less than 5 minutes later, they had thrown it out already. Boo! They did offer to make me a new one, but it would be a bit of a wait, so I said no.

After we were done at Olive Garden, Keith gave me a couple options: go bumming around the mall and Michael's (!!!) or go watch a movie. There were only 2 that he thought I'd be interested in (and no, 50 Shades was not even on the radar, thank God). I opted for bumming around the mall and Michael's. Can't really connect during a movie, and we desperately needed this time together.

We stopped by Michael's first and he was browsing the yarn aisles with me! I had some ideas in my head about the rainbow blanket I want to do for Violet, but wasn't sure on the colours. Keith managed to find me some nice rainbow yarn that wasn't too bright, and had lots of purple in there (Violet loves purple, go figure). Yeah! We also stopped by Home Depot for some stuff for the house. Keith realized that it's a bad idea to bring me in there, as I start looking for ways to upgrade some old stuff. 

Then we headed to Games Workshop for a bit and then the mall. Keith spoiled me with some fudge from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory to make up for the lost lunch before. Bonus was that they had his favourite ice cream in as well. Heaven for both of us. More walking around the mall and finished up with a Caramel Latte from Second Cup before we headed home.

Once home, we sat down with our choice of drinks (vodka for him, wine for me) and watched Facing the Giants and just relaxed with a quiet house and no worries.

Best Valentine's surprise ever.

Comments

Post a Comment