Day in the Life - May 30, 2013

Welcome to A Day in the Life for May 2013!

Lots of photos and lots of writing. Love days like this.

 photo IMG_2546_zpse28f0dd1.jpg
Violet was so proud of herself for taking off her pants before I got to her. Silly Goose

 photo IMG_2547_zps6249a3bc.jpg
Sigh. Stupid rain. Corner and driveway flooded again....

 photo IMG_2549_zps5a587c53.jpg
Attempting to do devotions. They don't work really well when Violet is awake and wanting to play with Mommy.

 photo IMG_2553_zps68630503.jpg
Violet found my bottle filled with iced tea and as always, attempts to drink it on her own.


 photo IMG_2560_zpsadf226d4.jpg
She was so proud of herself for doing this. And I was guessing that someone needed a little extra sleep.

 photo IMG_2571_zpscac11aea.jpg
Totally melts my heart

 photo IMG_2583_zps8331bfa0.jpg
Mommy-Daughter snuggles :)

 photo IMG_2588_zps2f08e819.jpg
Violet and Payton playing together.

 photo IMG_2590_zps1de0837a.jpg
This is what $73 gets me for groceries. There's also a 4-L jug of milk in the fridge that should be included in here. And nothing big either! Arg!! At least I stayed under budget :)

 photo IMG_2591_zps10914f0b.jpg
Working on my Travel Project Life album while Violet naps

 photo IMG_2592_zpsffc901d4.jpg
Mmmm.....cupcakes with Reese peanut butter chips.....

 photo IMG_2593_zps95c51a97.jpg
I totally laughed at this. Semi-driver stalled across the road. But it's a training truck, so we'll give him a bit of leeway.

 photo IMG_2595_zps984e9881.jpg
Ribs for supper tonight, all ready to go in the oven and then on the BBQ.

 photo IMG_2597_zps3c0ebe14.jpg
Violet loves playing tea time at Poppa's house. Going to have to find one for her at home.

 photo IMG_2604_zps81dcd859.jpg
My Dad on the BBQ.

 photo IMG_2606_zps31075767.jpg
Hello me :)


 photo IMG_2609_zpsd8a0f2e4.jpg
Hello food!!


 photo IMG_2613_zps96c1b7e2.jpg
Apparently Payton likes his Uncle Keith.


 photo IMG_2614_zps5821158d.jpg
And then Violet decides that Daddy should be all hers.

 photo IMG_2615_zps7402fcb0.jpg
My sleepy girl, wanting Mommy to play Mario for her on the Wii.

The Write-Up
5:30am - Violet wakes up from a bad dream. Re-wrap her and rock her a bit 
5:35am - back to bed
5:45am - hear Violet talking herself to sleep
6:30am - Keith out of bed for work
6:45am - Keith leave for work, took the car because it's raining pretty good
7:00am - Violet talking again. Listen to her for a bit before getting out of bed and getting dressed
7:10am -  Go into Violet's room to find that the complaining was because she was taking off her pants and couldn't get one foot out. Silly girl.
7:15am - Violet all changed, breakfast of chocolate chip waffles
7:45am - Breakfast done, clean off table, sweep floors and wash the floor around Violet's spot
8:10am - Sit down in living room to watch Violet play and attempt to do devotions. Devotions: Fail
8:40am - Violet decides to play around on the couch and pretend she's going to sleep. Lots of good photos.
9:00am - Put on iTunes for music. Violet loves it. More playing.
9:45am - Payton gets dropped off and Violet automatically showers him in kisses. Get hamburger thawing for tomorrow's slow cooker.
10:20am - watch My Little Pony on Netflix while I feed Payton
10:45am - My Little Pony done put Payton down for a nap.
10:50am - Natalie show up. Leave violet with Natalie while I grab her car to do grocery shopping 
11:00am - grab a quick snack from McDonald's before starting grocery shopping at Sobey's. Starving!
11:45am - $73 in groceries bought. Woo hoo for staying under budget! Also grabbed some colouring books from Dollarama for the kids
12:10pm - get home and find Violet without her shirt. Apparently she tried drinking Aunt Natalie's (cold) coffee and spilled it on herself. Chat with Natalie for a bit until Payton wakes up for lunch.
12:20pm - Natalie and Payton leave, get leftovers for lunch ready.
12:30pm - Lunch-time!!
1:00pm - Violet down for a nap, while I work on Project Life and clean up a bit.
3:00pm - make some mini-cupcakes for tomorrow. Violet wakes up from her nap and I find that Teddy Bear has somehow flown across the room.
3:10pm - Violet has her snack of chocolate chip cookies while I finish up the mini cupcakes. Keith calls to inform me that he'll be late coming home and to see if me and Violet could find a ride to my Dad's place. Texted Dad and he said he would pick us up.
3:30pm - cupcakes done just in time! My Dad showed up and I rushed to get Violet ready. I grabbed some of my Project Life to work on, but forgot Violet's diaper bag.
3:45pm - got to Dad's house an let Violet play around while we waited for other people to show up. She loved looking out the patio door to see the cats and kept calling "kitty" to them. I even managed to get a hold of my cat Jewels so that Violet could pet her and give her a couple kisses. She's so gentle with the cats.
4:00pm - the house looks so empty now that they've moved everything out. I'm really gonna miss this place and the memories it holds for all of us.
4:15pm - Jackie gets home and her an Dad start getting supper ready. Ribs with scalloped potatoes.
5:30pm - Keith arrives from the gym and Val an Dave arrive shortly after.
6:00pm - Brett arrives with Madison and Payton (Brody was with Natalie at a different gathering). Supper time!! The ribs turned out pretty good and according to Violet, the potatoes were fantastic!
6:30pm - with supper done, let the kids play around. Violet was showing off on the stairs again. And had lots of fun playing with Madison and Poppa. Also had some good conversations with Val and Dave.
8:00pm - pack up to go home. As always, Violet was reluctant to leave Poppa. She sure is a Grandpa's girl.
8:30pm - get home and Violet gets a bath and ready for bed.
9:00pm - Violet in bed and me and Keith get to relax. He plays his video game while I work on my Project Life and some journaling. 
10:30pm - bedtime for me as I have to be up at 4am. Keith continues to play some video games and doesn't come to bed until just after 1am.
Past Posts for Day in the Life 2013:
January; February; March; April;

Comments