Trip to IKEA

Finally today came!! Me and Sam had made plans last week to go to IKEA today as I had never been there before. I had Natalie's car from running errands around town today and told Sam to pick me and Violet up at Natalie's when she got into town after she was done work.

Once Sam let me know that she was in town, me and Violet got into the car to bring it back to Natalie's and then hopped in Sam's car.

We headed to St. Vital mall first as I had to get Violet her Rainbow Dash from Build-A-Bear Workshop. The Rainbow Dash is so cute! I quickly grabbed myself a Caramel Latte from Second Cup (yes, I'm addicted). We quickly grabbed food from Burger King and headed off to IKEA. 

We got to IKEA in no time and found parking close to the entrance. We walked inside, found the bathrooms and then grabbed something to drink before grabbing a cart and heading upstairs to start our browsing.

It was absolutely amazing the stuff that they had in there. I was just dreaming about a new kitchen (and new bathroom, new bedrooms, everything!) that I'd like to do to the house. Got lots of ideas, took lots of pictures and drooled over everything, especially some bookshelves that I saw that would be awesome for all out books and movies and also be able to showcase Keith's WarHammer models. I also picked up some new fitted sheets for V's toddler bed. Next time will be some new thick sheets for her.

Then we went and walked around the main floor. And really got me wanting new dish sets and cutlery. Sigh. Need more money. Walked through the warehouse a bit and then went back upstairs to eat in the restaurant that they have. I managed to feed myself and Violet for $10 and she got a big plate of food that she devoured. 

After eating Violet wanted to get out and run around, so we went back upstairs, let her out of the cart and let Sam watch her run around while I kept an eye on both of them while getting more kitchen ideas. Once we were done second floor, we went back downstairs and made our way through everything again.

Once we got through everything, we got ready to go home as it was just past 9pm and Sam had to work in the morning. So glad I got so many ideas for the house. Now I just need money to do them.

Enjoy the photos

Violet comfortable in her seat

Violet on Aunt Sam's shoulders

In Build-A-Bear Workshop, getting Rainbow Dash for Violet

Totally addicted to Second Cup Lattes

Violet holding onto Rainbow Dash on the drive to IKEA

Ooohh....shiny kitchen

Another shiny kitchen

Would love this for all our books, movies and music.

Totally love this idea!

On Sam`s wishlist for her barn. Would come in handy!

My little shopper thinking and checking things off her ``list``

So WANT THIS!! If it is in my future budget, I have plans and ideas for this.

Another shiny kitchen.

Nice open wardrobe. Would need way more clothes for this to work for me.

Sigh. Don`t remind me that I also need new plates. But in red please!

Ooh! And more cutlery!!

Love this.

This would be great for Violet`s toys. Maybe soon.
 
Violet trying to `run away` from Aunt Sam

Love this idea!

And so need this for organizing everything in the kitchen!

More shiny kitchen

Love this island. Maybe once we have a hobby room fully established, maybe I`ll be able to get this for crafts with Violet.

Violet having a face-off with Aunt Sam

Comments