Week in the Life 2015 - Wednesday

Today was a bit off. Keith went out of town until tomorrow (crossing fingers) for work and so it was just me and the girls all day. Luckily I had enough things to keep them busy and keep me sane. And it all worked out in the end. 

Instead of posting the timeline of what we did today, I took a whole bunch of photos in timeline fashion and posted the story about that photo. Makes it a bit more interesting and easier for me.

Here are Wednesday's Photos and Words:


The Story of this photo is: that Keith got Violet up a tad too early to be able to spend time with her before leaving for work out of town. She didn't want to let go of him for a couple minutes. 

The Story of this photo is: that Dominique really loves getting up early with Daddy. That's an everyday routine.


The Story of this photo is: that this is what happens every morning. As soon as Keith is out the door, Violet looks at me and says "Bye Window?" I tell her to run to the window and then she stands there until she sees Daddy leave, all the meanwhile waving and saying "Bye Daddy!"

The Story of this photo is: that I was working really hard to finish up my Mario Mushroom this morning. 

The Story of this photo is: that after breakfast is done and the kitchen cleaned up, the girls let loose the antics in the living room for a bit.

The Story of this photo is: that a movie was called for this morning. Movie of choice: Jonah, a VeggieTales Movie. They absolutely love it.

The Story of this photo is: that when I was done my Mario Mushroom, the girls loved looking at it and feeling it. I love when they love the things I make.

The Story of this photo is: that we had to take a walk down to Daddy's work to get the car (he took the car to work and then took a work van to the site) and then run a couple errands.

It's always refreshing taking the girls for walks, as they both love it. As soon as I say that we should go for a walk, they both grab their respective water bottles and head for the door. It's been a great motivator to get more exercise.. 

The Story of this photo is: that a little someone was extremely cranky around 11am, so she went down for a short morning nap to help with her mood. She was passed out within minutes.

The Story of this photo is: that I got a bit of quiet time to myself while Dominique napped, so I quickly checked my laptop.

The Story of this photo is: that Violet was looking for lunch. Apparently we were "starving!" and needed something to eat at exactly noon.

The Story of this photo is: that the girls were going to attempt having a nap together at my Mom's place in the afternoon. That didn't work out as planned, so Dominique got moved to the spare room.

The Story of this photo is: that my Mom had asked for my help with canning 30lbs of cucumbers. I was in charge of scrubbing them. That's a lot of baby cucumbers, which also means a lot of pickles!

The Story of this photo is: that we had Lasagna and Garlic Toast for supper tonight. Devoured in no time by both girls.

The Story of this photo is: that I have a laundry helper. She brings her basket to me when I ask for it and puts everything into the washer all by herself. I set the load and do the detergent, but she's determined to be a big girl.


The Story of these photos shows how mad Dominique gets when I put her favourite blanket into the wash. She can see it through the front of the washer and these are the faces and crying that I get. You'd think it's the end of the world with how she carries on. But after a couple minutes, she moves away from there (or I take her away from there and close the door) and she's totally fine until I pull it out of the dryer about 2 hours later.

The Story of this photo is: that it felt weird to have supper without Daddy. We always make a point of waiting for him to have supper with us (unless he's going to be really late), but with him out of town tonight, it feels empty.

The Story of this photo is: that after supper, I decided to take the girls outside to play while I mowed the back yard. A little more challenging now with Dominique crawling all over the grass. Luckily the girls are also learning to stay away from the mower and just run around in their own little area.

The Story of this photo is: that after we came back inside, it was bath time for both girls. And they absolutely love being in the water.

The Story of this photo is: that I date the containers that have leftover food in them with the date that the food was made. Helps when Keith takes leftovers to work and also when I clean out the fridge before I go grocery shopping.

The Story of this photo is: that a little one was going to bed and extremely happy to have her favourite blanket back.

The Story of this photo is: that I had offered to Violet that she could sleep in Mommy's bed tonight. She originally said yes, but went back to her bed a little while later.

Comments