Weekend - May 24-26, 2013

So I'm gonna try to start blogging a bit more as I finally cut back my work schedule in order to spend more time with my family and actually have time to breathe again. I got this "weekend" post idea from another blogger who posts what they do on the weekends. As that's when we spend the most time together as a family, I decided to do that same. And I'm pretty sure you get tired of always seeing my Project Life posts, but nothing actually worth reading.

On Friday I had my nephew P while his siblings has swimming lessons. I had asked my Mom to help me do grocery shopping as I wouldn't have the time otherwise to do it. So the 4 of us (me, Violet, P and my Mom) went grocery shopping. Violet absolutely loves grocery shopping, mainly because she gets a cookie while we shop. Lol. After grocery shopping it was back home, put groceries away, have lunch and get Violet and P ready to go to Natalie's place (P's mom, my sister). Natalie was going to watch Violet while me and my Dad went to the city as an early birthday gift to me. Once Violet was dropped off and in bed for nap, I headed off to my Dad's place to wait for him. Once my Dad got home, we hopped in the Datsun 240Z and headed into the city. The original idea was to go to IKEA for some shopping and then go for supper. But I thought Thursday night of going to see Star Trek: Into Darkness. My Dad agreed. And good thing we took the Datsun. It's a speedy little car and when we left the house we had an hour until the movie started. The trip usually takes close to an hour. We were there in 40 minutes. Oops. Even managed to get popcorn and drinks and grab good seats. It was for a 3:20 showing, so the theatre was not even 1/4 full. And awesome seats. And the movie was AWESOME!!! After the movie was done, we went over to Montana's for supper. I, of course, got the Steak Fajitas. And Dad got the Moose Hat for me. The only sad thing about the entire day? I couldn't drive the Datsun. I'm around 5'2" and even with the seat all the way forward, I could barely put the clutch all the way in to shift. Boo! Violet seemed to enjoy herself at my sister's place and with my Dad's gf. I even got to see her "ride" her tricycle and she absolutely adores my cat there too.

Trailer for Star Trek: Into Darkness


My fajitas

Me and my Dad in Montana's

Utterly embarrassed

Rain clouds forming

I got to ride in the Datsun!

Violet "riding" her tricycle at my Dad's place

Apparently wheelbarrows are also rideable

Violet giving my ancient cat Jewels a kiss.

Saturday I was up nice and early for work (again!). After a crazy day at work, I brought Violet down to my Mom's place (who now lives 2 doors down from me) so that we could do the Truth Project with some friends of ours. As always, lots to think about and mull over. Later on in the evening, Keith did yard work while I cleaned up inside with Violet "helping." After the house was cleaned up, me and Violet went outside for fresh air and to let her play around. Enjoyed the bonfire that Keith had going to burn off some old stuff from last year.

Burning stuff from last year

Violet exploring the great outdoors

The Chinese Elms are blossoming!!


My husband does not like photos. Too bad.

Enjoying the fire after Violet went to bed.

Sunday after I was done work, I rushed home, showered, changed and got Violet ready to go to my sister-in-law's baby shower out in Ste. Anne. As usual, Violet played shy with everyone, except for her grandma's that where there. And then once she got a hold of a balloon, she was all smiles and giggles. Also got to visit my Meme and Pepe for a bit after we were done at the shower. When we got home, Keith was outside just finishing up the yard-work, so me and Violet played outside for a bit. She loves being outdoors.

Keith sent me this picture while I was at work. Apparently he makes for a good pillow for nap-time. Don't blame her one bit. She slept on him for just over 2 hours.


Baby shower game

Violet showing me pine cones that she found on the deck 

Comments