Project Life 2013 - Weeks 16-19

OK, so to start off...yes, I'm about 4 weeks behind in posting my Project Life. Why? Dunno. Actually, yes I do.

See, as much as I love doing this project digitally, I've been wanting to do it physically so that I can actually play around with it, work on it during the week and have it on display for people to look yes. Yes, it's a bit more expensive in the long run (time and money wise), but it's fun. I can finally put inserts in that I've been wanting to put in and just have fun with it.

As a bonus part to it all, when I had bought all my digital kits from AC Digitals, they all came with printable PDF files of the entire kit. So I basically got two kits for the price of a digital one! Go me!

I printed my photos off at the local printing store (don't have photo paper at home and hubby wouldn't like me burning through new ink right away ;) ), printed off the journaling cards at home and then got to work.

Here's the process I've been doing: Throughout the week, I'll hook up my DSLR and my iPhone to the computer to upload all the images. Then I actually set up the entire layout on StoryBook Creator so that I can make sure that everything fits and if I need to do any digital embellishments/writing on photos, I can do that before I send them off to the printer. Once I have everything figured out (photos, journaling cards, embellishments, typing), I'll send it off to the respectful printers: photos to the print store and journal cards here at home. Once I have the photos from the print store, I just look at how it's set up on StoryBook Creator and insert everything.

The finished product? Take a look....

 
Week 16, left page. The title card is from PL Cherry Kit. The blue "today" journal card is from the PL Honey Kit. Parker's Hand font for all journaling
 
Yes, end of April and we got snow dumped on us again. And V's had this thing lately of her Teddy Bear (or Doll) has to be wrapped up in a blanket. She actually pulled her blanket out of her crib, grabbed her Teddy Bear, found me and asked me to wrap up Teddy Bear so that she could snuggle him.
 
V has also found that she can put my shoes on with no problems and I found her walking around the house like that (middle row, third from the left) with her toque on. Apparently Mom's shoes rock!



Week 16, right side. The blue "noted" journal card is from PL Honey Edition. The brown journal card with the leaves is from the PL Cinnamon Edition. The Red Frame journal card is from Remember the Magic (can't find the link right now). I can't remember where the bottom yellow journal card is from. Design D layout

This is where I had fun and got to experiment. You see. Design D is set up with 2-4x6 (vertically) on either side with 4-3x4 (horizontally) down the middle. Now as I don't have a photo printer and have to print my photos out at the local store (and they don't have a 3x4 option), this is what I did and where my program came in handy.

In StoryBook Creator, I opened up a vertical 4x6 photo file, put 2-3x4 horizontally on there and, voila! I left a bit of space in between the two photos so that you could see that they were different photos. But it worked out great!

Week 17, left page. Title card is from Project Life Cobalt Edition with the font Soggy Kitten. Design D

If you're wondering about the second photo from the top in the middle, yes, my niece was wearing her Mommy's heels in my house. Even though she's 3 years old, she has a love affair with shoes, just like her Mommy. So naturally I had to get a photo of that.

This week was also the week that V ended up in the hospital Friday night. She spiked a fever of 103, so we rushed her in. Unfortunately, the nurse didn't think it was too high and we waited for over an hour just to get into a room. Not 15 minutes after we got in the room, they rushed someone by on the crash cart. Her temp was already going down and she was trying to play with me, so we decided to go home and monitor her from there. Luckily she was all good the next morning. Phew!

Week 18, right page. Journal cards from top to bottom, left to right: Project Life Honey Edition; Project Life Honey Edition; Can't find where from; Project Life Clementine Edition; Project Life Baby Girl Edition; Can't find where from.

Yes, a lot of journaling for this week. All good :)

Week 18, left page. Title card from Project Life Honey Kit with the Mad Science font (love it!!) Printed journaling is Celebrate the Day font.

Spring has definitely sprung here, finally! Keith took the scooter out of the shed and got it registered so that we can take it to work and whoever is home with V has the car. The coffee bag is Keith's Sumatra coffee from Second Cup that I got him. More snuggles with P when he fell asleep on me. The Tim Horton's coffee cup actually contained coffee!! (still in denial that I liked it). And the salad was from Mongo's when we went there for our 5-year anniversary date.

Day in the Life for April 2013 front insert. Most of the photos that I took during the day.

Day in the life for April 2013, back of insert. All the journaling for the day.

Week 18, right page. Sunday journal card is from Snap Studio 3x4 Snappy Days Journal Cards. Everyday Life, Polka Dot and Live Out Loud Journal Cards are all from Project Life Clementine Edition. Font is Celebrate the Day and my own hand-writing

The sunset photo is when I went to go feed my Dad's horses one evening. It was absolutely gorgeous and I won't be catching a lot of these again. Them moving sucks. The kids up in the playhouse, though? Awesome pic. And that's no filters, no editing. I lucked out on that one. Yes, Keith lets V sit in his lap while he paints his WarHammer models. And she patiently sit there with him. Love that. The living room pic is from Keith's birthday party that I put. Just the usual, guys come down, play video games and have fun.

Week 19, left page. The title card is from Ali Edwards'  For The Love of Life Journal Cards. Font is.... Currently Journal Card is from Project Life Jade Edition (I got the free printable when they offered it). The two middle journal cards are from the Project Life Cinnamon Edition.

A couple things I really loved about this page. And one that got me soooo frustrated.
1) Love the new Journal Card from Ali Edwards. But...it came in black. All I had to do was open it up in StoryBook Creator and re-color it, right? Umm...yeah. I tried the usual way I re-color things, but it didn't work. Tried again, did 't work. (I was using the adjust hues, like usual). Tried Googling, nope. Then I went into the Cut/Fill section, used the Fill button....Voila! Love how it turned out in purple.
2) The photo of V laying on the floor. She was being a complete goof that day and decided to pose on the floor. So naturally I put the iPhone level on the ground, snapped and was happy with the outcome :)
3) I have "discovered" the PicTapGo app and love it! The bottom left photo I did with the app and loved how it turned out. I first used the Bleached filter and then added the Brooklyn filter. Love, Love, LOVE IT!
4) V is also now sitting at the Kitchen table with us during meals. She was trying to get up into one of the "big chairs" and when I told Keith about it, he said to pull out the booster seat. She loves sitting at the table with us and having her own plate :)

Loved this :) From Project Life Jade Edition

YES FOR IRON MAN 3! Took my Mom to go see this as an early Mother's Day present :)

Week 19, right page. Design D. Top left journal card with V's drawing on there is from..... Both 3x4 journal cards are from Project Life Honey Edition.
 
Yes, V wanted to "contribute" to Project Life (as if she doesn't already!) with a drawing that she did for me. So proud :) We also went outside for a bit and she wasn't too sure about walking on grass, even though she had shoes on. But I got some awesome shots. The one with V laying on the chair I edited in PicTapGo with the Bleached filter. Love how it turned out!

Comments