Christmas 2012

The Christmas season has come and gone in a flash yet again, but it was a good one this year, despite the increased number of gatherings we had to go to. Separated/divorced parents on both sides will do that.

It was a bit of a bittersweet Christmas though. This was the first year that my Grandma Wiebe wasn't at Christmas Eve at my Dad's place as she had died back in November. This was the first Christmas with my parents separated and that in itself was a bit hard. First Christmas without Dollar, my beloved horse whom I put down back in June. So there was no horse riding on Christmas Eve this year. And the last Christmas at my childhood house as it sold in the beginning of December and my Dad's moving in February.

But it was still a good one, with good memories made. Violet got to actually participate in Christmas this year and has been enjoying her toys that she received, especially having Mommy read The Grinch Who Stole Christmas over and over again. Think she likes that book. And the amount of clothes she got, we'll be good for a while.

I also enjoying the few gifts I got, especially a new journal I couldn't otherwise justify spending that money on and a nice 12-picture frame that now needs some pictures and up it goes.

Keith also enjoyed his main gift, as I made him wait for it, even though he knew what it was: DarkSiders 2. He's already finished the game.

And now we're back to the daily grind of things. Violet is back to getting into all the cupboards and almost walking! Seriously, she's so close, she just needs to let go of my finger and she'll be walking on her own. And more teething. Suspecting some molars coming through. But she's happy and just wants to eat all the time. I swear she has hollow legs, arms, and belly.

There was also a surprise Baby Shower for my aunt and uncle that I had totally forgot about the weekend after Christmas. My Mom reminded me the day before, but as I work until 2pm on the weekend, I had told her that I wasn't going. I told Keith about it and that I wasn't going to make it because of work. Well, what do you know, when I got home from work on Saturday with the intent of taking a nap, Keith told me to quickly shower and change and that we were going to the city so that I could go to the Baby Shower. Apparently he got the address from my Mom and was going to make sure that I was able to go. So even though I didn't have a gift (felt bad about that one), but it was nice to chat with family and let Violet play with other kids.

Yup, a good Christmas indeed.

Comments