Week in the Life 2020 | Wednesday Words & Photos



Fact of life right now is that Zach was up really early this morning. 4:30am to be precise. Although he fell out of bed and woke up crying for me that he bumped his head. I tried going back to bed after getting him settled again, but Keith’s alarm went off 5 minutes after I crawled back in, and then Zach woke up 10 minutes after that.


Feeling like I needed a creative outlet, so I hopped on my laptop and updated yesterday’s WITL blog post while Zach watched cartoons and the girls slept.




Feeling grateful that the girls slept through all of Zach’s shenanigans this morning and got right to it as soon as they woke up.


I love the feeling of a good hot shower in the morning while the kids have breakfast. Got my hair washed, properly dressed and make-up on! Taking care of myself like this in the morning always helps me feel more productive and have a better attitude throughout the day.

I love the fact that the girls help out with daily chores. Today was laundry day, so Violet loaded up the washing machine while I made my breakfast.




I like the feel of homeschooling right now, but necessarily in love with it. School here in Manitoba is out for the indefinite future (all thanks to COVID-19 for shutting everything down), so we are doing distance education for the girls. I do like having the kids home and safe, but it feels frustrating some days, going between Kindergarten for Dominique and Grade 3 for Violet.




Fact of life right now is that going out is hard. A lot of places are closed because of COVID-19, and a lot of stores have limited hours, are limiting people, or are doing contactless pick-up/drop off. The mail is still pretty easy to go to, but the library feels so different. You can’t walk in and browse anymore. You have to reserve either online or over the phone, wait for them to call you and arrange a pick-up time. And when you go to pick-up, you have to ring the buzzer, wait for someone to come to you, tell them the last 3 digits of your library card and then wait for them to come out with your books and put them on a chair so that you don’t interact. I miss the feel of browsing around the library, finding new books for me & the kids.It just feels so weird.


I may have hurt Zach’s feelings by vacuuming up the broken pieces of a pinecone that were on the living room floor.


Fact of life right now is that the girls’ room has become very messy with them home 24/7. So today they had the job of cleaning it up. And it felt much better when they could see their floor clearly.

Fact right now is that we eat a lot of leftovers for lunch. Usually, the girls take leftovers to school for lunches, but since school’s been out since March, we’ve had an abundance of leftovers in the house. Which makes for some easy lunch decisions.

Love the feeling of afternoon snuggles on the couch and a good nap to clear some cobwebs happening. Felt a lot more rested and ready to tackle the rest of the day.



Fact right now is that the girls have been helping a lot more with making supper. Since school is out, we’ve been working on some home management skills, such as cleaning, time management and making food. Both girls helped out with making burritos for supper this evening and it gave me all the good feels because they are learning valuable life skills.

Feeling really proud of Dominique for doing her reading to Violet just before supper and that she was saying all the proper words.

Love the feeling of a movie in the evening. We finished off The Force Awakens and had popcorn.

Love the feel of a quiet evening after the kids go to bed. I make tea for me & Keith, he plays some Minecraft, while I read and we chat about random stuff.

Comments