101 in 1001 Update

I figured that it was time to do an 101 update, as it's been almost 3 months since I started this. It's been a bit challenging to get some stuff done, but I've also managed to get a couple things done in one day, which helps a lot.

As of right now, I've done 17 completed goals, which isn't too bad. I know they say to aim for getting a goal done every 10 days to stay on track, but oh well.

Here's what I've completed in the last 3 months:

11) 2010 photo album (sorted, uploaded, ordered, labelled, filed) - April 13, 2015
12) 2011 photo album (sorted, uploaded, ordered, labelled, filed) - April 13, 2015
I did both of these in one shot. I've picked up a couple photo albums that hold 300 photos for the year and then go through, select the ones that I want, print them out, label them with date and who's in the photo and insert them into the photo album. I managed to get both 2010 and 2011 into the same album (this was pre-kids, so not a lot of photos taken).

19) Dominique’s knitted rainbow blanket - April 14, 2015
I finished this a week before her 1st birthday and blogged about it here.

21) Finish 2014 Project Life - April 6, 2015
Finally got this one finished up using the Project Life App (only available for iDevices) and uploaded it to Blurb and ordered it this week. Hoping it comes in soon and I can show you what it looks like!

28) Print 2014 Project Life - May 12, 2015
Ordered a photo book of my 2015 Project Life through Blurb and it came through great! Awesome book, delivered on time and great quality for a pretty good price as well!

36) Celebrate my 30th birthday - May 30, 2015
My 30th birthday was a busy day. My Mom took the girls for the day as a birthday gift to me, I went summer dress shopping with Natalie, my Dad took me out for lunch, me and Sam watched Thor 2 and Keith took me out to Mongo's for supper. A busy day, but a good one.

41) Date night x10
1) R Bistro - March 30, 2015
This was a surprise date that Keith took me on while the kids were with the grandparents. Supper, bumming around and quality time together? Check!
2) The Keg - May 2, 2015
We went to The Keg for our 7th anniversary while my Dad had the girls for the night. I was so stuffed when I walked out of there, but it was so good.
3) Mongo’s - May 26, 2015
We'll count this as a date night and celebrating my 30th birthday in one. K?

45) Family Date x10
1) Winnipeg Trip - April 19, 2015
Again, much needed. We had lunch at Mongo's got myself a new video game (Lego Marvel Superheroes), lots of playing for the kids and Keith bought me a little black dress!
2) Swimming - May 17, 2015
We had gotten some free swimming passes for the local indoor pool, so when I had a Sunday off of work, we went. The girls loved it and it was nice to get out of the house.

51) Have 2 nights away, just me and Keith
1) May 2, 2015
My Dad took the girls this evening as we were celebrating out 7th anniversary.

56) Try a new restaurant - R Bistro - March 30, 2015
This one we did one our impromptu date night listed above.

58) Work with Violet on memorizing a verse or two - April 8, 2015
Since Violet's been in Awana's, she's had to work on memorizing verses. It took only 5 times going through a verse for her to memorize it, and now she comes up to me saying "God loves us and sent his son"

63) Buy a fire/water safe and store all important info in there - April 13, 2015
Not much to say on this one, although I'll probably buy a bigger one in the near future yet.

64) Donate 20 things we don’t need - May 17, 2015
We did a major housecleaning in the evening and by the time we were done, my trunk was full of stuff to bring to the local thrift shop.

68) Make 10 new deserts
1) Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cookies - April 5, 2015
I made these for Easter gathering at my Dad's place and they were already disappearing before lunch time!
2) Lemon Raspberry Muffins - May 29, 2015
These were so good! I had frozen berry mix on hand, but still! Great pick me up!

69) Make 50 new recipes
1) Italian Drunken Noodles (Pinterest) - March 23, 2015
2) Loaded Baked Potato Soup (Pinterest) - April 7, 2015
3) Beef Stroganoff Casserole - May 4, 2015
4) Buffalo Chicken Tacos - May 5, 2015
5) Ratatouille - May 16, 2015
6) Baked Penne with Chicken - May 30, 2015
I swear Pinterest makes finding new meals easy, and fun! And oh so yummy!

76) Re-organize coat closet - May 17, 2015
We did this during the major housecleaning. The coat closet (that we never really used) is now the kids toy closet. Much better.

77) Re-organize Dominique’s closet - March 13, 2015
Let's put it this way, I was way over emotional this day, and decided to take the girls' closets in order to calm myself down. It's amazing what sitting down and going through the kids' clothes can do to calm down the mind and just relax me. Organized closets are my saving grace some days.

78) Re-organize food cupboard - March 20, 2015
Organized food cupboards make me happy. It's much easier to find the stuff that I need (or don't have) and way easier to take inventory before grocery shopping.

79) Re-organize Violet’s closet - March 13, 2015
Ditto to what I wrote about Dominique's closet.

83) Set up a proper baking cupboard - March 20, 2015
Did this the same day I did my kitchen food cupboard. Organized baking makes for more baking in the house!

85) Try 3 meatless meals
1) Ratatouille - May 16, 2015
This was inspired after watching the kids' movie Ratatouille. And it made a pretty awesome dish as well. It is noted though, this is not a main meal (unless you're vegetarian), but it does make for an awesome side dish.

88) Get a facial - May 19, 2015
I had received a gift certificate for a local spa for a free facial. And it was pretty good. Don't know if I'd pay for that on a regular basis, but it was nice to be spoiled.

93) Pay for someone else’s food - May 2, 2015
It was my anniversary day, so I figured that I could be nice to some of my regular customers at work and pay for some of their coffees.

96) Read 101 books (8/101)
1) The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
Not too bad. It did take me a bit to get into it, but it wasn't too bad for a YA book.
2) Unbroken - Laura Hillenbrand
Loved it. Also helps that I love history, and being able to read what went on behind Japanese lines and from a POW's perspective was really great.
3) Still Alice - 
I'll tell you this. I bawled a lot of the book. My Grandma died of Alzhiemer's in 2012 and everything that I read was exactly what my Grandma was going through and what I witnessed from her. Such a powerful story.
4) The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
5) Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
Still love this series. One of the best series I've read in a long time.
6) Memoirs of a Geisha
One of my favourites. Again, a look at history with some dramatic flair thrown in.
7) A Game of Thrones
I was not impressed with this book. For me it was too much jumping around between characters (each chapter is a different main character's point of view) and too much eluding to sex/rape.
8) Secretariat
Again, another favourite of mine. Although you have to pay close attention to when they explain the timing of the tracks and other stuff that goes along with racing. It's quite something.

So far, not bad. More to work on!

Comments