How I Love Great-Grandparents

I'm really loving my remaining grandparents that I have these days. I only have my Meme & Pepe left (my French grandparents on my Mom's side), after my Grandma died in 2012 and I never met my paternal grandfather as he died when my Dad was 11. So every time we go down there, I'm very grateful that I still have them, even when my Meme's gossiping drives me up the walls.

What's even more special about this is that Violet has been asking to go see Meme & Pepe now. It's usually when my Mom stops by the house, and Violet comes up to me asking "Pepe?" And when we're there, she's constantly following Pepe around and just being her joyful self. My grandparents are in their 80's, so I'm very grateful that Violet and Dominique get this time with their great-grandparents. 

When we went down there this morning, we ended up being outside about 95% of the time that we were there. Violet had a blast running around, especially when I brought out the soccer ball for her to play with. A couple minutes after I gave it to her, my Pepe came out of the house and started kicking it around with her. And I got this gem of a video....


I love it. I love seeing my Pepe play with her. I love hearing her shrieks of joy and that huge grin that takes up her entire face. I love that she keeps going back for more and more and more. And I love that he's so willing to play with her and kick the ball around. 

Thank you Pepe, for being such an awesome great-grandpa. Love you so much.

Comments