Hospital Day 2

Well, up at a some-what decent time this morning, which was around 7. I guess after snuggling with V last night, it helped both of us get some much needed sleep. The nurse came in around 8 to take out the catheter and the IV, and I’m FREE!! Although not much as my mobility is pretty limited due to surgery and healing. And I’m proud to say that I managed to finish off my entire breakfast, which consisted of waffle, breakfast sausage, eggs and oatmeal. Apparently I’ve got my appetite back. Lol. Keith got back to the hospital around 8:30 so that he could help me more during the day. The morning proved to be un-eventful, except that we found out V’s weight, which had gone down to 7 lbs .03 oz. The nurse said that was still within range, but it didn’t make me very happy that she had lost almost half a pound in one day. And then we started having problems feeding her during the day. I’m guessing because my milk supply wasn’t in, she wasn’t getting very much, so she was nursing every 2 hours, but only for 10-20 minutes at a time.

Later during the morning, we sent out a text letting everyone know that they could come visit us as I was doing OK and so was V (except for being hungry all the time). So quite a few friends and family came to visit us. Keith was being quite helpful with spending time with V and helping me with anything that I needed, which was basically making my way to the bathroom and sitting up without it hurting so bad. Although one nurse almost made it into my bad books. She had come in to check on us and check to see how I was doing from surgery. Well, in order to check the surgery site properly and check to make sure that the uterus was still firm, you have to lie down flat. Well, she put the head of the bed down way to fast, which of course, stretched the surgery site and made me cry and almost scream in pain. Yes, it hurt that much. She felt so sorry for doing that and then made sure to be very gentle with me afterwards. Urg.

The rest of the day went pretty good and then the evening came. V was getting pretty cranky because my milk supply still hadn’t come in and she was pretty hungry. On top of that, I felt like crap because it felt like I couldn’t feed my baby like I had wanted to. Luckily the night nurse that I had was really understanding and was trying to help as much as possible. She said that I was doing everything right, but because of the C-Section and because I didn’t go into labour, it would take a little longer for my supply to come in. And then she thought of trying to pump the colostrum out so that Vcould at least get some and hopefully that would work. Well, all I can say is that I felt like a cow hooked up to the milking parlour. And I cried because this was not how I envisioned this going. Luckily I did manage to get enough colostrum for her to eat and be content for a little while, but the nurse said that we’d have to do this at least every 2 hours to keep getting food into her. I’m just hoping that something is going to work soon.

Comments