Canada Day!!

Happy Canada Day!!!

Luckily I had booked today off of work. Didn't really feel like working a holiday where it could be really busy and make me work my butt off :). So in true long weekend style, me and Keith both slept in (until like 10) and did some small stuff around the house.

Of course I decided to go see Dollar for a bit and see how he was doing. As of right now, he's in the middle of an almost 2-acre pasture, so after I stopped by my parents place to say hi to my Mom, I went to go see him. Luckily, he was right by the fence, so I carefully jumped over and saw that he was covered in horseflies. Yuck. And I didn't bring any fly spray with me at all. Bad, bad, horse mom. I did have his fly-mask though, so I quickly put that on him and then got to work on killing horseflies with my bare hands. I was with him for about 1/2 hour and by the end, my hands had quite a bit of blood on them. I'm sure that he appreciated that very much, as well as the snacks I brought for him.

When I got back home, me and Keith made a run for Dairy Queen. It was quite hot outside and it was either that, or run to 7-11 for slurpees. I decided on DQ. I quickly called Natalie to see if her and the kids wanted to meet us there, but she was in Vita watching Sam at a Fun Show and Brett (her hubby) was busy setting up the fireworks for tonight (he does them every year for the City of Steinbach) and the kids were with grandparents. So we went by ourselves. I got myself the Brownie Fudge Buster. Yummy :) And because it was pretty hot outside, we stopped by 7-11 to grab Brett a slurpee while he worked on the fireworks. He greatly appreciated it :).

Once we got home, I did some more stuff around the house until it got late enough to watch the fireworks. Now luckily where we live is a pretty ideal location to watch the fireworks. And the bonus part is that we didn't have to go anywhere and worry about traffic. Keith was thinking of going up on the roof, but with me in my pregnant state, I'm not allowed to. Natalie ended up coming down with one of her friends and Madison (my niece) to watch the fireworks. Madison was being all cute and everything, except that she took a while to warm up to Uncle Keith. Once she did, she just wanted to be with him. Silly girl.

Once the fireworks started, we realized that we had to move across the street to watch them properly as the house and trees that we in front of us were in the way. So we moved across the street and got a good view. And Madison realized that it was better to sit up on Uncle Keith's shoulder's. Lol.














Cop directing traffic

After the fireworks were done, Madison was going "yeah Daddy!" Lol. It was her Dad that did all the fireworks. And we also got to see the cops directing traffic coming out from the fireworks. Lost count of how many cars passed by. And one person actually had the nerve to honk at the cop doing his job. Needless to say, he cop ignored him and let a whole slew of car pass before letting him go. Lol.

Once Natalie, her friend and Madison left (it was way past Madison's bedtime), we cleaned up our chairs and headed inside to bed.

Comments