Pregnancy #2: 32 Weeks

What's Happening:
Right now, I'm getting a bit impatient. I'm already bigger with this kid than I was with Violet at the end of my pregnancy with her. And this one just keeps on growing. Staying on my feet for an entire 8 hour shift at work has me hurting for a good day after that. Never mind that it feels like Baby has dropped a bowling ball in my pelvis, so standing for long periods of time make it worse. Luckily I only work weekends, so I have the rest of the week to relax a bit.
Yes, the feet are swelling. I'm not much of a barefoot person in the house (ahem...thank you Violet for dropping food/crumbs/everything on the ground), but lately I've had to go barefoot as I've got indentations on my feet at the end of the day if I wear socks all day.
Weight gain is still on the right track (only 25 lbs gained so far, with 9 weeks left), and no gestational diabetes! That drink still tastes HORRIBLE! Yuck!

Cravings:
Anything chocolate and fruit. Seriously. Although fruit has been winning lately. Those have been my 2 major cravings the entire pregnancy, right from the get-go. Speaking of which, I think I need to find/buy more fruit. I'm out!

Nesting:
I've definitely hit the nesting stage. Violet was throwing a tantrum one evening and so during her night-snack time while she was being stubborn about having her snack, I decided to do something about all the clutter on my kitchen counter. Well, I went a bit berserk on it and de-cluttered the whole counter, re-organized where things went, threw stuff out and cleaned it all off. A dirty/messy kitchen counter bugs me most days, this particular day just annoyed the ever-living s^%t out of me. Therefore something had to be done about it. And since then? I've kept all the kitchen counters clean. Just can't stand the mess anymore.
I've also been working on keeping the rest of the house clean and de-cluttering. It's amazing how much clutter you accumulate over the years of being married and having kids. It's crazy! I went through all of Violet's clothes, donated clothes that I didn't like to the local Thrift Store (and she still has LOTS!), labelled the bins that are too small with the appropriate sizes and they're ready for when Baby #2 makes his/her appearance. I do have some Boy clothes, so I'll be going through those and re-organizing them as well, to make sure that they are ready for when Baby is born.
Also in the nesting, is lots of BAKING! And I mean lots! We're talking about making at least 1 batch (4-5 dozen) of cookies per week, and somehow I still don't have ANY in the freezer. Seriously. Between Keith and Violet, and whoever else raids my house, I'm lucky if one batch of cookies (which makes 4-5 dozen) lasts a week. Crazy! But at least I know that they're good if they go that fast! I've also attempted making homemade buns, and succeeded! Never mind the usual cooking that I do for supper. But I love it.

31 weeks pregnant

Comments