December Daily 2013 | Album Cover and Plans

I've decided to tackle December Dauly again this year. If you've never heard of December Daily, I'd suggest taking a look at Ali Edwards' site and everything she has on December Daily.

December Daily is, in basic terms, documenting the month of December as the Christmas Season. There is a lot going on during this busy month and it helps having a daily documentation for it. I'm not saying to fully document everyday like Week in the Life. It's taking one story/moment from the day and writing about that. It can be Christmas stuff like getting a tree and putting up decorations and/or regular everyday stuff like doctor visits and grocery shopping.

I'm choosing to go with whatever story sticks out to me that day, whether or not it's Christmas related. And this year will be a good one to document. It's Violet's 3rd Christmas, I'm pregnant and we're planning a week long trip just before Christmas. So it is a good time to document all this.

That being said, I'm going to share some of my prep that I'm doing in order to be ready for when December comes and what I've got planned.

First things first, the album cover. 


picked up an 6x8 album from Simple Stories that I think will work out great. It came pre-loaded with page protectors and full sheets of lined/decorated paper. I had some white cardboard paint on hand, so I gave it 2 coats of that. I think it actually needed at least 1, if not 2 more coats, but I was being a bit impatient. As I don't have my Hobby Room anymore (being turned into the Baby Room), I had to do my painting at the table with Violet.
 
Once it was fully dried, I grabbed a couple different colours of Stickles and got to work writing our last name, what the album was (December Daily, obviously) and the year that was in there. I left a bit of space on top of the 2013 to see if I could possibly fit my 2012 DD in there as well.

It's a very simple cover, but I like it.

Comments