Early Bird

Lately, V has kept to her morning routine pretty good. But even after cutting off nursing completely 2 weeks ago, we're still not sleeping through the night. I'm guessing it's because her tooth is bothering her (yes, we have a TOOTH! Bottom left :) ). But this morning? Complete early bird :). She is normally pretty happy in the mornings and it's her best time during the day. Today however, it started earlier than usual.

Normal day: 8-8:30am.
Today: 5:30 am.

Not impressed. And when I heard her cry, it was the "Mom, I'm waking up" cry. So I went to her, gave her back her soother, re-wrapped her in her blanket, made sure she had Teddy and rocked her a bit. Nope. Eyes wide open, trying to play with my face. Sigh. Put her down. Start whining. Repeat process. More whining. So I brought her into bed with me as Keith was already up and getting ready for work.

And all she wanted to do until 8am? Play. Play with my face, hair, whatever she could get her hands on. I actually did manage to get a bit more sleep (I'm not sure if she did), but wowzers, that was an early start to my day. And now? She's playing on the floor in the living room with the dog. :).

I swear she conspired this. Mommy and Daddy were snuggling in bed before the start of the day. Mommy was planning on getting up with Daddy so that she could do some journaling and devotions. Nope.

Sigh.

Comments