Feeding & Weaning

Seeing as Violet is 9 months old now, I decided to start weaning her. She's nursing 4 times a day right now (10:30am, 1:30pm, 6pm, 9:30pm) and twice a night. And seeing as she's eating more and more solid food and even getting snacks in between meals and the fact that I go back to work in October, it's time for her to come off of nursing. I picked her 10:30 nursing (just before morning nap-time) to get rid of first.
So instead of nursing, she had her sippy cup with some 3% milk mixed with water in there and then I put her in the crib for nap (without the sippy cup). She screamed at me for the first couple days (luckily Daddy was at work) and then realized that she was no longer getting Mom Juice. Then she calmed down and went down for her nap with no problems.

I've been reading that for weaning, to take away opposite feeding's, so the next one to go will be 6pm, followed by 1:30pm and lastly 9:30pm. I'm allowing 2 weeks per feeding. So I'll take away one feeding, wait 2 weeks, take away another. See how this goes.

And on the note of feeding, Violet's been eating solid food for quite a while. She's at the point where I'm blending up supper that we're eating and feeding her that. She's been eating everything: chicken, hamburger, sausage, pasta, etc.The only thing she doesn't eat is Kraft Dinner. I've made 2 casseroles with KD in there and she'll have 2-3 bites and then she doesn't want to take another bite. It usually takes about 5 minutes to feed her a whole bowl of food, but if it has KD in there, it takes almost 15 minutes to finish 1 bowl. Other than that, she eats everything.

Comments