Summer in the City 2011

Summer in the City is among us again!!

Every summer for a weekend in June, Steinbach puts on their annual "Summer in the City" that closes down Main Street  This is the 3rd year that this fair has happened and the first one that I've been able to go to. For the first couple years, I've either forgotten about it, or, in the case of last year, had my sister's wedding to attend.

Seeing as Keith and Josh were working on the siding for the house, I put Violet in the stroller and walked down to Main Street (it's only a couple blocks away).

Made our way past the Car Show that was going on and saw some pretty cool cars. :)





Once we got past the cars, we got on the midway and did our walking around. We saw lots of entertainment booths and lots of people walking around.



And then the fun started. While I was walking around, I found Kailer, my girlfriend Lisa's oldest boy. He had seen me and came to tell me that he couldn't find his mom and if I could help him. Sure, why not? I was looking for Lisa as well. So off we went, walking up and down Main Street. The 2nd (or 3rd) time up and down Main Street, we finally found Lisa at one of the bouncy houses. I talked with her for a bit and then realized that it was getting late (at least for Violet), so we started walking home.

But I realized I made one big mistake about walking around. I had put on sandals because it was hot outside. Big mistake. I had gotten big blisters on the side of my feet. Ouch :(

Comments