Trip Into the City

So we decided to brave the city today. Keith wanted to pick up War Hammer 40 K and he said that there was something else that he wanted to pick up as well, but he wasn’t telling me what. Grr…

We picked up Nathan around noon and then headed to the city. Keith said that he had to stop by Best Buy and see if they had something, and if they didn’t, then he had to go to Future Shop. So we stopped by Best Buy and told me to stay in the DS games aisle so that I wouldn’t be snooping. Well, while he was looking for whatever it was, I went and quickly bought him a $20 PlayStation Network card so that he can buy games on the PS3. He found me and said that he didn’t find it here, so he needed to go over to Future Shop to see if they had it there. I told him that I’d bring the car over there as we were talking about going to Mongo’s for lunch. Moving the car was an adventure in of itself. Sheesh. The parking lot was crazy and the intersection was crazy as well. Even going behind the buildings was crazy.

Once I got the car over to the other side, I parked it and went inside Future Shop. I saw Nathan and said that I was going to be looking at appliances so that I wouldn’t be snooping. While I was looking at new fridges (I want one so badly!) Keith came up with a bag and said that I could look in there as it was an early Christmas gift for both of us (OK, mainly me). Lo and behold, I found myself looking at a brand-new video camera!! Yeah!! I’m actually surprised I didn’t set off any alarms with the squealing I did. Lol. I’ve been wanting to get a video camera for a while now that we have Violet. Yeah!!

Once I was done squealing for joy (yes, I was that excited), we decided that instead of going over to Mongo’s for lunch, we’d head over to Kelsey’s as Nathan hasn’t been there much and they have pretty good food too. I quickly put the video camera in the car and grabbed the car seat (Keith had Violet in the Snugli) and walked over to Kelsey’s. Keith and Nathan had already gotten a seat, so I joined them and ordered our food and I ended up ordering the Lemon Pepper Shrimp Rigatoni. We had some pretty good conversation and I had to quickly feed Violet before we left as she was demanding food as well.

When we were all done feeding, we walked back to the car and drove to Games Workshop so that Keith could pick up War Hammer 40 K. We managed to get there in pretty good time (despite the traffic) and found parking right next to the store. We went in and were in there for a while. Keith was going over what he needed to get for the starter pack and to make sure that he had everything. Once he had everything that he needed, we got back into the car and headed home. We weren’t even going to contemplate going into the malls 2 days before Christmas. I’m not that crazy.

We got home at a pretty decent time and spent the rest of it lazing around. Have quite the busy weekend with Christmas gatherings everyday for the next 3 days.

Comments