Christmas 2011

So we reach the end of Christmas 2011 and this year was a bit hectic.We had 4 gatherings in 3 days, never-mind with a 2-month-old baby to bring along. Oh well, it was worth it.

Christmas Eve saw us at my parents place for supper. We ended up beating everyone else there and while V slept for her nap, I snuck outside to go get my first ride on Dollar since April! I was so pumped!! Afterwards (once everyone else arrived), we sat down for supper and opening up presents. I got a shopping trip with my Mom, a gift certificate for a paint store from my Dad and from my Secret Santa (aka: Brett, my brother-in-law), I got an awesome sweater and socks! Keith ended up getting a gift card for Cabela's from my parents and Killer Bunnies from his Secret Santa (aka: Sam, my sister). V got clothes from everyone, a big stuffed puppy from Uncle Chris, and a stuffed cow from Aunt Sam. And my niece and nephew loved the toys that we got them. Madison was in love with the My Little Ponies that we got her, and Brody was demanding that we take Lightning McQueen out of the packaging so that he could play with it. And Keith found a way to keep the kids occupied for a bit: pull out a laser pointer and have them chase it all over the floor. Lol. That was a good laugh.

Christmas Day morning was at with us as a family opening up our gifts. Seeing as we had the video camera now, we were able to take video of V's first Christmas. We had gotten her a play mat with arches for her to play on. I was pretty anxious to see what Keith had gotten me and I wasn't disappointed. He got me a Kobo Touch and a $50 gift card to Chapters so that I could buy books for my E-Reader! Best hubby ever!! I had gotten him his aftershave, coffee (something he hadn't bought for himself in a while) and a PlayStation Network Card. And he loved them all. :) V's present was her play-mat, which she enjoyed later.  

After we were done opening our gifts (and me playing with my Kobo and downloading books already), we got ready to head to Keith's Dad and Step-Mom's place. Got there early again, which meant that we could  open up our presents. I got some gift cards and a food processor (which will come in handy!!). Keith got his booster cables and electric hedge trimmer (again, will come in handy!) V got clothes and a kick piano for her play-pen. We let V play on her play mat while we visited with siblings and then she promptly fell asleep for almost 4 hours. Apparently she was exhausted. Lol. All the siblings (and extras) did some tequila and whiskey shots (I didn't cause I'm nursing V). We had supper (which was made by Mom and was AWESOME!!) and then hung out with family. V did awesome after her 4-hour nap, visiting with family and all that good stuff.

Boxing Day was just as busy. We woke up around 10 and got ready to head down to Keith's Grandparents for Christmas lunch. All went good there and then we headed back home as Keith's Mom and Step-Dad, sister and fiance were coming down for supper. We ordered pizza and opened up gifts. V got a Princess toy chest, and a Princess clock. The rest of us kids got chocolate and money. Afterwards, we played some Mario Kart on the Wii, which was a blast.

All in all, a pretty productive Christmas!!
Mom and Dad Wiebe's Tree with pressies!!
Taking a ride on Dollar :)


My niece and nephew chasing the laser pointer :)

My Kobo Touch from Keith

My sister-in-law Natalie with V

V playing on her play-mat

Uncle David with V

Uncle Andrew with V

Grandpa Neufeld with V


Great-Grandpa Neufeld with V.

Comments