July 2019 in Photos

Warning: Photo heavy post!

July was a good month for us. Lots of outside play, gardening, fairs around town and family time.

Enjoy!

Our local Mennonite Museum has free admission on Canada, so of course the kids wanted to go.


Zach was so excited to see the barnyard animals.

And of course, snuggles with Daddy.

Happy Canada Day!


He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping.

My sister-in-law loves me. She brought me an iced coffee. 

Zach wasn't feeling the greatest this morning and woke up with a slight fever. You know he's not feeling well when he lays down in the cart while grocery shopping.

Baby tomatoes in the garden!

Before haircut....

After haircut! He was not impressed that the hairdresser used the clippers on him and screamed bloody murder the entire time. But at least he survived!

Dominique also got a little trim. Apparently she wants to grow her hair out like Rapunzel.

My little garden helper. I had to be constantly watching him and making sure that he wasn't going to pull out my carrots.

Happy 2nd Birthday Zach!

We got rain for almost 2 weeks straight, with some small breaks in between. It was unreal how much came down within such a short time.

I made Peach Cobbler with the recipe from Pinch of Yum. Even though I left the broiler on for 1 minute too long, it was still yummy.



I saw this on Mother Like A Boss' IG stories and it really resonated with me. Complaining is something that I'm trying to stop and this gave me a swift kick in the butt.

The local Food Truck Fair was in town and Bigg Smoak (a local BBQ joint) was there. I got "The Trough" which was a cup filled with Baked Beans, Pulled Pork and topped with Coleslaw. Yum. 




Our local Strawberry fields finally opened up, so I got brave and took 4 kids (my 3 plus 1 daycare boy) strawberry picking with me. 2 hours of picking and 5 pails later, plus almost 2 hours for hulling and slicing. I think we're good now.

A little Dominique was really tired after all the strawberry picking.

Post-workout snack: fresh strawberries with ice cream and chocolate sauce.



Violet made the mistake of looking at the ground instead of where she was going on a recent walk and stepped right into the path of an oncoming kid cyclist. They both sprawled in the middle of the sidewalk and Violet took most of the fall. She might end up with some scarring on her elbow, but it might be the reminder that she needs to look where she is going next time.

Ruby had a puppy! Only one (weird, I know), but the little guy is healthy and so is Ruby, so that's all I care about.




I was crazy enough one day to take 5 kids (my 3 plus 2 daycare kids) on a walk to the library and splash park by myself. Thankfully the kids listen really well when walking and they all had fun.

My reading book for this month. It was really good and took me 1 1/2 weeks to get through. Definitely recommend it.

A good reminder all the time.

Zach was having some fun in the water bouncer at my niece's birthday party.

Happy 30th birthday Sam!








Keith took me shopping when the girls were gone for the night, as I really needed some new jeans. I found some nice ones at Old Navy (and they had a sale on as well!), plus I got myself some new bath bombs from Lush. And we went out for supper at Mongo's, so it was a good date day, even if we had to bring Zach along.


Gosh darn that puppy is so cute! And fat! Lol.



Ice cream time!

Rusty found himself a new home, which makes my life a bit easier with only 1 dog to look after. He's got a little 2yr girl in his new home to love on.

My little kitchen helper, helping me make fried rice for supper one night.

I walked into the gym one evening to do one of my regular workouts, when my Zumba instructor saw me and asked if I was joining her class. When I said that I didn't realize that there was Zumba that evening, she said that there wasn't. It was a Sculpt & Tone class that she was teaching.  I said sure, why not? Holy crap. I was so sore the next day. I think some muscles didn't realize that they had muscles. But it felt so good.

YES!


Another summer read. I'm only a few chapters in, but I almost spit my coffee out a couple times. Angels & Demons I tell you.......

Hello Chubsy!

Zach thought he was being smart by hiding in the pantry to sneak snacks. Nice try Zach. Nice try.

Daddy snuggles.

Violet being my artist at work.

Zach found play-dough. Someone help me.....

We found 6 baby watermelon in the garden!!

Violet's off to Bible Camp for a couple days!

Comments