Preparing for Baby #3

Seeing as the little guy is due for his eviction notice tomorrow morning, I figured it might be due time to do up a post on how I got ready for my upcoming C-Section and recovery.

One of the biggest obstacles was setting up his room and getting meals ready. His room before was the girls' playroom, so it had all the toys and books in there. We managed to move all the toys (while doing a great big purge) into the girls' room and then start moving the baby stuff around his room. I still had the crib in the shed, so that was easy to put together, but I was missing a dresser for him, until Keith's step-brother and wife came to the rescue with a dresser and a car seat! I also had my rocking chair and side table from before, so that helped as well.

When it came to clothes, I didn't do any shopping until we knew what we were having. And then it didn't even matter because as soon as we announced that we were expecting a boy, my friends and sister came together and gave me heaps of clothes. And by heaps, I mean heaps. My sister alone gave me a huge tote bin full of clothes up until 4-5 years old. And one of my friends who did fostering gave me 3 boxes and a garbage bag full of 0-6 month clothes. He is literally set until almost a year! And my best friend is possibly throwing me a baby shower as well! Phew!

Because I knew from the beginning that this was going to be a scheduled C-Section, I also knew that I would have to make some freezer meals beforehand for when I got out of the hospital and not able to do much. So I took to Pinterest back in April and made my lists of what I wanted to make and have ready. I only started making meals at the end of May/beginning of June, but I have almost enough for 3 weeks. I stuck with recipes that we had tried before (and a couple new ones) and a mixture of oven-ready and slow cooker recipes. Some of the recipes that I made: Classic Lasagna, Chicken Pot Pie, Shepherds Pie, Slow Cooker Chili, Perogies, Slow Cooker Orange Chicken, and Meatloaf.

I also made some snacks for the freezer as well. Some of the favorites are: No Bake Energy Bites, Banana Blueberry Muffins (substituted strawberries for the blueberries), and Peanut Butter Banana Muffins. I also made some "Mommy snack bags" for the fridge which have pre-cut veggies in them and I also grabbed some mini hummus containers as well. I've also got 2-24oz water bottles on rotation. One with me, and one filled with water in the fridge so that I've got cold water ready to go. I'm not a fan of warm water, and the colder the better. Although I probably should look into getting a 3rd water bottle, just for when I'm doing dishes and washing the other ones.

As for help, I think we've got it covered. Keith is taking the Friday and weekend off from his jobs (yay!!) and the girls' will be staying with either my Mom or my Dad until I get out of the hospital. Once I'm home, Keith has to go back to work (boo to no summer vacation days for him), so my Mom, my sister and one of my friends are stepping up to help me for the first week or so.

Now, just waiting for Friday morning and we'll finally be able to meet the little guy!!

Comments