A Happy Marriage

Bring on the tears....

I just finished reading a blog post about "When You Think Your Love Story is Boring" and it brought tears to my eyes.

My husband would probably never run through an airport for me.

But he does mow the grass, has been doing all the exterior renovations on the house and been fixing our house up when money allows to make it better for us.

He watches our daughter on the weekends while I'm at work. Even when she's sick, feverish and puking, he's still there. He gets up at night when I have to be up the next morning on the weekends to console our daughter from bad dreams and gives her Daddy cuddles that scare away the nightmares.

When our child kicked him from inside the womb and he finally felt her move, he laid there with his head on my pregnant belly, content. I knew, at that moment, that this man would go to the ends of the earth for his unborn child.

He stood by me during my C-Section for our daughter, never letting go of my hand and asking where I'd like to go for a future anniversary when our child was old enough to be with a babysitter. His smile when they said that we had a daughter is one that I'll never forget.

He stayed by my side for 3 days in the hospital after Violet was born, watching me recover from the C-Section, helping me walk to the bathroom and while I was resting or in too much pain, just sitting there with Violet, talking to her and letting her know how much she was already loved.

He's brought home numerous little gifts for me, or has done the dishes without me asking. And has cleaned the entire house from top to bottom while I was at work.

He stood by my side, crying with me, when I put down my horse of 20 years in 2012. I didn't think that he knew how much that horse meant to me, looking back at that moment, now I do. He let me spend $500 that we didn't have to have my horse euthanized and buried.

He's the one, who after the car broke down and we had to replace the engine, got my Dad's truck for me and Violet while he carpooled with another co-worker so that me and Violet would have a vehicle in the cold winter months.

He's walked 45 minutes one way to his work when we only had 1 vehicle so that I could use the car. And never complained.

He has stood up between me and my Mom when we were 2 years married and the ongoing questions/hassling of when we were going to be pregnant was really getting to me. He has always stood up for me.

Even after a long stressful day at work, when Violet sees him coming to the door, she jumps off the couch and runs to the door yelling "Da-da!!" And the smiles melt my heart.

Even after we fight, he still forgives and cuddles up with me.

All this and much more.

And I'd never trade it for the world.

Comments