My Surprise Birthday Party

If anyone knows my husband, he's not big on parties (either for him or putting one together). So when he kept "taking" my cell phone (it's the only phone we have and I usually have it with me) and going into other rooms to either talk to someone or text, I knew something was up and he was planning something for my upcoming birthday. Of course, he has one of the best poker faces I've seen and denies every time.

So on my birthday we headed into the city for the WarHammer 40K Painting Contest that Keith had entered with the intention of stopping by the Assiniboine Park Conservatory and taking some really cute pictures of V there. But on the way there, we drove right by it. I mentioned it to Keith, but he just brushed it off and kept on driving. We pulled into the parking lot for the Zoo and as we were pulling out the stroller I noticed that some of our friends were there as well. Turns out that my hubby planned a surprise birthday for me by inviting friends of ours. I was surprised to say the least. :) Once Keith accounted for everyone that was going to be there, we headed into the Zoo.

Had an awesome time walking around and seeing all the different animals and visiting with friends. And even took some cool photos! The highlight though was seeing the Snow Leopard walking around. I guess it was cool enough for him to be active. :)

We even got to see where they are building the new Polar Bear exhibit/conservatory. It's only supposed to be done in Fall 2013, but it will look so cool once it's all done!

Oh, and V was the best baby ever! She slept for part of it and was awake for part of it, and even had a really good feeding there too. Yeah for super baby!!

About 3 hours later, we decided to head home to a bon-fire that Keith had set up, also part of the surprise birthday party. We quickly stopped at the local grocery store so that Keith could pick up the cake he ordered for me and then went back to our house for a bbq and bon-fire.

All in all, a really good birthday! :)



Canada Goose

Pelicans


Keith with Violet

Red Pandas






Daddy and Violet

Mommy and Violet

Violet chilling








Building the new Polar Bear Centre






Comments

  1. Wow! Those pics are gorgeous! I really wish we could have gone. I want to go to the zoo so badly now, haaha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment