How I Display the Kids' Artwork


One of the things that I like in my kitchen is the big empty wall and a smaller empty wall that are in there. In order to brighten up the kitchen a bit, I've started using the smaller empty wall as a placeholder for all the kids' artwork. Violet brings home quite a bit of art work from school never mind that crafts/art work that Dominique brings home from Pre-School and anything that they do here at home.

One of the rules that I have for the art wall (as it's called in our house), is that I'm not putting up “crappy” art. Needless scribbles, especially from Violet, need not apply. I'll take some scribbles from Dominique, but their best art gets displayed there. I also have Violet's Green Slips from school (they reward really good behavior and showing Good Character with Green Slips), as a reminder to her that she's doing really good in school.

I switch out the art every couple months, or when it starts getting really full. And the girls' love seeing their art on display. And it's nice to see how the kids are improving with their art work.

Comments